NEW YORK - July 23-30, 2017
YEA Camp for Animal Advocates
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary
High Falls, New York
July 23-30, 2017
When Woodstock Farm Sanctuary, a sanctuary for animals rescued from cruelty, purchased a former summer camp to expand their sanctuary, we knew we had to hold YEA Camp there! This beautiful new camp location in High Falls, NY, is gorgeous and less than 2 hours from Manhattan!
At this special session of YEA Camp, our activities will be devoted to supporting campers whose issue of importance (IOI) is helping animals. And what better place for us to do it than at an animal sanctuary?! Campers stay in comfortable dorm-style cabins with campers and staff and will have the opportunity to spend free time each day visiting with the animals.
How is this session different from our other sessions of YEA Camp?
Other sessions of YEA Camp are designed for campers who are passionate about a variety of different social justice issues.
At this special session of YEA Camp, held at this amazing sanctuary, all of our campers' and staff members' primary issue of importance will be helping animals. Of course, if you care about animals, the environment is also important (the animals need to live somewhere!), and people are also important (duh, people are animals too), so we do care and talk about other issues as well, but our focus will be on animals.
Much of what we will be doing is similar to our regular YEA Camp sessions, with our focus on building knowledge, skills, confidence, and community, with an emphasis on applying our training to those who are working to help animals.
If animals are your focus, read on! If not, check out one of our other life-changing sessions of YEA Camp.
At this special session of YEA Camp for Animal Advocates, we will:
- Closely examine how animals are treated and what specifically we can do to help them.
- Learn how animal rights is connected to many other social justice issues, enabling each camper to become a more well-rounded and effective advocate.
- Develop confidence to respond to common challenging circumstances or conversations animal advocates often experience
- Have an entire camp full of campers and staff who care deeply about changing the way animals are treated.
- Speak openly about the frustrations that animal advocates often have with those who don’t agree, and strengthen your commitment to not get discouraged.
- Have staff who have devoted their lives and careers to helping animals and who want to help you be the best advocate you can be.
And, last but certainly not least:
- We will get to meet and interact with rescued farm animals living on the property, hear their stories, and learn how we can help them.
If you love animals, you will love this session!
PLEASE CHOOSE TO ATTEND A DIFFERENT SESSION OF YEA CAMP IF:
- You want to focus on other important social justice issues, like racism, gay rights, women's rights, or the environment
- You want to meet campers and staff who are focused on a wider variety of issues
- You are passionate about helping animals but the dates or location of our New York camp don't work for you. Both of the other sessions will be very similar to the NY camp and absolutely help you become an even better animal advocate as well!
Many campers passionate about animals will be attending our Massachusetts and California camps as well!
While we will be staying at an animal sanctuary, don’t worry, the facility is nice! We all stay in modern, comfortable cabins with rooms and bunk beds for 6-8 campers and staff who we can pretty much guarantee you will love. Each room also has its own bathroom with sinks and showers.
We don’t spend much time in our rooms -- there’s so much to do! -- but camp wouldn’t be camp without late-night whispering about our hopes, our dreams, or the most ridiculous, embarrassing, or random stories we can think of. Not too late, though! Lights are out at 11.
All of our sessions at YEA Camp are focused on building knowledge, skills, confidence, and community to make a big difference on the cause of your choice -- all while having an amazing time, making great friends, and discovering that we are more incredible than we ever realized.
Sound good? Good! We can’t wait to meet you!
YEA Camp New York attracts campers from all over the country, so we may offer a special airport shuttle for campers flying in from out of the area. Contact us if you'd be interested in this paid service.
If you need assistance getting to or from camp, let us know and we will try to connect you with a camper's family who lives in your area who may be able to carpool.
We ask campers to arrive on July 17 between 11-1, and everyone is invited for lunch at noon!
On the last day of camp, July 24, we ask parents to arrive at 11 and to stay for our special completion and graduation, which will end no later than 1.
DOES YEA CAMP SOUND PERFECT FOR YOU?
Great! We can't wait to meet you!
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We got you covered!