July 23-30, 2017
YEA Camp for Animal Advocates
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary
High Falls, New York
July 23-30, 2017
When Woodstock Farm Sanctuary (a sanctuary for animals rescued from cruelty) purchased a former summer camp to expand, we knew we had to hold YEA Camp there! This beautiful new camp location in New York is gorgeous and less than 2 hours from Manhattan!
At this special session of YEA Camp, our activities will be devoted to supporting campers whose issue of importance (IOI) is helping animals. And what better place for us to do it than at an animal sanctuary?! Campers stay in comfortable dorm-style cabins with campers and staff and will have the opportunity to spend free time each day visiting with the animals.
We ask campers to arrive on July 23 between 11-1, and everyone is invited for lunch at noon!
On the last day of camp, July 30, we ask parents to arrive at 11 and to stay for our special completion and graduation, which will end no later than 1.
How is this session different from our other sessions of YEA Camp?
Other sessions of YEA Camp are designed for campers who are passionate about a variety of different social justice issues.
At this special session of YEA Camp, held at this amazing sanctuary, all of our campers’ and staff members’ primary issue of importance will be helping animals. Of course, if you care about animals, the environment is also important (the animals need to live somewhere!), and people are also important (duh, people are animals too), so we do care and talk about other issues as well, but our focus will be on animals.
Much of what we will be doing is similar to our regular YEA Camp sessions, with our focus on building knowledge, skills, confidence, and community, with an emphasis on applying our training to those who are working to help animals.
If animals are your focus, read on! If not, check out one of our other life-changing sessions of YEA Camp.
At this special session of YEA Camp for Animal Advocates, we will:
- Closely examine how animals are treated and what specifically we can do to help them.
- Learn how animal rights is connected to many other social justice issues, enabling each camper to become a more well-rounded and effective advocate.
- Develop confidence to respond to common challenging circumstances or conversations animal advocates often experience
- Have an entire camp full of campers and staff who care deeply about changing the way animals are treated.
- Speak openly about the frustrations that animal advocates often have with those who don’t agree, and strengthen your commitment to not get discouraged.
- Have staff who have devoted their lives and careers to helping animals and who want to help you be the best advocate you can be.
And, last but certainly not least:
- We will get to meet and interact with rescued farm animals living on the property, hear their stories, and learn how we can help them.
If you love animals, you will love this session!
PLEASE CHOOSE TO ATTEND A DIFFERENT SESSION OF YEA CAMP IF:
- You want to focus on other important social justice issues, like racism, gay rights, women’s rights, or the environment
- You want to meet campers and staff who are focused on a wider variety of issues
- You are passionate about helping animals but the dates or location of our New York camp don’t work for you. Both of the
other sessions will be very similar to the NY camp and absolutely help you become an even better animal advocate as well!
Many campers passionate about animals will be attending our Massachusetts and California camps as well!
While we will be staying at an animal sanctuary, don’t worry, the facility is nice! We all stay in modern, comfortable cabins with rooms and bunk beds for 6-8 campers and staff who we can pretty much guarantee you will love. Each room also has its own bathroom with sinks and showers.
We don’t spend much time in our rooms — there’s so much to do! — but camp wouldn’t be camp without late-night whispering about our hopes, our dreams, or the most ridiculous, embarrassing, or random stories we can think of. Not too late, though! Lights are out at 11.
All of our sessions at YEA Camp are focused on building knowledge, skills, confidence, and community to make a big difference on the cause of your choice — all while having an amazing time, making great friends, and discovering that we are more incredible than we ever realized.
Sound good? Good! We can’t wait to meet you!
YEA Camp New York attracts campers from all over the country, so we may offer a special airport shuttle for campers flying in from out of the area. Contact us if you’d be interested in this paid service.
If you need assistance getting to or from camp, let us know and we will try to connect you with a camper’s family who lives in your area who may be able to carpool.
There is public transportation from New York City Port Authority to the nearby town of Rosendale, where you could get a cab to get to camp. See details here.
The all-inclusive tuition for YEA Camp’s life-changing leadership camp is $1500.
Included in the cost of tuition is:
- comfortable cabin lodging at our beautiful venue
- nutritious mostly organic vegan food (3 meals a day, 2 healthy snacks, and dessert!) prepared by incredible chefs
- highly experienced adult staff supervision and teaching at a phenomenal camper-to-staff-ratio of less than 3:1
- inclusion in our post-camp follow-up community to be able to support campers long after the summer is over
- opportunities after camp to learn of relevant grants, scholarships, and events that we find out about
- leadership experience that many of our campers focus on in college applications
Payment Plans and Financial Aid
YEA Camp offers convenient payment plans to make monthly payments toward your tuition. This option can be selected once the camper registers and the parent or guardian goes to make their payment.
Unlike most specialty camps, YEA Camp offers financial aid for low-income youth who have not attended YEA Camp before and would not otherwise be able to afford to attend. If your family would need financial aid to attend, review our financial aid protocol and then have the camper register at the “Register” page, at which point the parent or guardian will be directed to the Financial Aid application.
YEA Camp is a nonprofit organization committed to social justice and diversity in our programs. We do not turn eager campers away due to lack of funds. In order to accept campers on scholarship, we rely on an honor code to ensure that each family pays what they can and that funding is available for those who need it. We rely on tax-deductible donations to our scholarship program to continue this policy.
Thanks so much for your interest in YEA Camp! We hope to see you this summer!
DOES YEA CAMP SOUND PERFECT FOR YOU?
Great! We can’t wait to meet you!
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We got you covered!