YEA Camp trains aspiring activists to make a bigger difference in the world. Join us!
YEA Camp will help you make a bigger difference on the social justice causes you care about
You might have noticed some big problems in the world.
Obviously, coronavirus, but also racism and police brutality, climate change, sexism, homophobia, poverty, gun violence, animal cruelty.... Should we go on?
Since 2009, we've helped over 1,500 aspiring activists like you make a bigger impact on these causes and more. They've done amazing things, like
- change their school's policies, lunch, and even its name!
- volunteer, intern + work to elect great candidates
- organize protests, walk-outs + voter registration drives
- launch school clubs to raise awareness + support
- raise thousands of dollars for amazing causes
- so much more that they say wouldn't have happened without their experience at YEA Camp.
In fact, a lot of our older campers look back on their activist accomplishments and point to their time at YEA Camp as kickstarting it all. And if they can do it, so can you!
If you care about making our world a better place, YEA Camp was meant for you.
How Will You Change The World?
With so many problems in the world, where do you begin?
And can one person (such as YOU!) really make a difference?
At YEA Camp, we help you develop:
- KNOWLEDGE - To understand the problems you are concerned about and solutions that have worked to address them
- SKILLS - From campaign planning to fundraising to running an amazing school club, we'll train you to be even more effective
- CONFIDENCE - To challenge limiting beliefs you have that might be holding you back (We all have them!)
- COMMUNITY - To connect you with peers, advisors, and organizations to help you and so you know you're not alone
With knowledge, skills, confidence, and community, the sky is the limit!
YEA Camp Helps You:
- Learn more about the problems in the world and what you can do about them
- Develop practical activist skills you can use to make a difference
- Build your confidence to express yourself, step up as a leader, and do what you believe in
- Make friends with other amazing humans who will inspire and support you
- Develop a plan and take action to make a difference in a way that inspires you
- Have so much fun and learn a ton that you would probably not learn elsewhere
YEA Camp will open up amazing opportunities and help you make a bigger difference on the causes you care about for years to come.
Praise from Past YEA Campers
"For me, YEA Camp was a very clear turning point [when I was 12 years old], where before this moment I was not an activist and I did not know what an activist even was, and then after this moment... that was really a spark for me. It was really a life-changing experience for me.
[YEA Camp takes the approach of] breaking down what is possible for young people to do and then giving them the confidence, the community, the courage, and also the tangible skills and the knowledge to really implement these things."
–Ananya Singh, youth climate organizer; CEO, Greening Forward
"Five and a half years ago, as a 15-year-old, I attended YEA Camp for the first time and my life was changed immeasurably.
I can’t imagine how different my life would have been from then on had I not spent that pivotal week learning what it means to be an effective agent of change and forming lasting connections that supported, and continue to support me, as I navigate a chosen path of social justice and fighting for what I believe in."
-Leah Kelly, college student; led successful campaign to get Meatless Mondays in her school district
"If not for YEA Camp, I wouldn't be starting this club to help the homeless because I wouldn't know how to, or what to do when to start it."
-Megan Frisella, 12, founder of Helping Hands for the Homeless club
"You all changed my life a couple summers ago. YEA Camp changed my focus in life and opened my mind to compassion and love for everyone. I have gotten into amazing colleges because I learned so much from everyone that one week in July many months ago, and I couldn't have done it without YEA Camp."
-Ethan Lyne, 18, political organizer
Check out some of our amazing staff and speakers!
Below you'll find some of our amazing past counselors, teachers, and guest speakers that helped to make YEA Camp such a success!
We'll be finalizing our staff and guest speakers for our upcoming camps as we get closer to that session.
Instructor of Multicultural Education, therapist serving the Native American community, 6x YEA staff member
Anti-racist, inclusive leadership coach, restorative justice facilitator, 7x YEA Camp staff member
Former YEA Camper, political activist and organizer. Currently an associate at eStreet Group, where she works on behalf of the country's most progressive leaders.
2x YEA Camper and 3x YEA staff member; youth climate activist and former CEO of Greening Forward
Still have questions? Send us an email, chat with us in the chat box, or give us a call at 415-710-7351. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have!
We look forward to speaking with you or, better yet, meeting you at Virtual YEA Camp this summer!