Take Our Class Now to Make a Difference for the Future
JOIN US MONDAY-FRIDAY 4-5 pm Eastern/ 1-2 Pacific
In these uncertain times when many of us are stuck at home, YEA Camp is offering our brand new Changemakers Challenge to support you in making a bigger impact for your community and the world.
The Changemakers Challenge is designed for people ages 12-17 (exceptions are made for enthusiastic younger students) who want to get started or get serious taking action on a cause they care about and to connect with a community of like-minded people during this time of "social distancing."
YEA Camp supports up-and-coming leaders in progressive issues such as human rights (anti-racism, LGBTQ equality, women's rights), environmental sustainability, animal protection, and gun control.
Changemakers Challenge will help you get active on the social justice cause of your choice in a way that inspires you.
For more than a decade, YEA Camp has been training aspiring changemakers young and old to make a difference on the causes they care about. Our campers have gone on to do amazing things that they say would not have happened if they hadn't attended YEA Camp.
Now, for the first time, we're bringing our program to you online. Because we could all use a little help making a big difference.
Sign up here to get emails about upcoming programs!
In 1 hour + short challenges each day, you will:
- Learn about different problems in the world and what you can do about them.
- Choose a cause you're most passionate about and focus on it.
- Connect with other people and organizations who care and can support you.
- Improve your self-confidence in cultivating a positive mental attitude.
- Create an action plan to make a difference in a way that inspires you.
- Laugh, learn, connect, and feel proud of yourself for being someone who makes the world a better place.
Structure of all of our current Changemakers Challenge classes
- We will meet everyday online Monday - Friday from 4-5pm Eastern/ 1-2 Pacific for a week
- Live classes will be taught by our camp director Nora Kramer or other guest teachers.
- Classes will be held on the free platform Zoom. You can call in by phone for audio, or from the Zoom app or computer by video.
- While of course we'd love to have you join us live in real time for each call, recordings will be available throughout the week in case you join late or miss a day.
How to Register
To make the trainings as accessible as possible, classes are currently priced at a sliding scale. We ask for $25-100 per weeklong class, but especially in these times we are making these classes available regardless of your family's income so you can pay what you can.
There are 2 steps to register. First, students, fill out the form below to let us know more about you and your interests. Then you'll be taken to the payment form and both student and parent will get an email to make a payment for class.
"The online class was amazing! We talked about what our IOI or Issue of Importance was, how to solve it, and so much more. The class was informative and I think that this helped everyone on the call to further accomplish their hopes of becoming a Changemaker."
-Bela, age 11 (We make exceptions for mature 11-year-olds!)
"YEA Camp's Changemakers Challenge was a great experience for me. I learned how to communicate effectively without arguing, and how to organize my research well. I love [online] YEA Camp because it has helped me become a better activist. I am more passionate about my topic because of the detailed research I have done." - Clara, 12
Have any questions? Message us at email@example.com. We can't wait to take our Changemakers Challenge with you together.