Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp is a summer camp for social change. Founded in 2009, YEA Camp runs inspiring week-long overnight summer camps for teens who care about community service, activism, and social justice. YEA Camp currently offers summer sessions in California, Oregon, and New York for 12 to 17-year-olds who want to make a difference in the world. YEA Camp is a life-changing camp for world-changing teens.
For our summer 2015 press release, click here.
For high-quality, downloadable photos of YEA Camp, click here.
YEA Camp was founded by Nora Kramer, a longtime educator and advocate for progressive causes. In her career working with youth for more than a decade, Nora has taught high school English, environmental education, at after-school programs, advised school clubs, and of course spent many summers as a camper and then staff member at camps. She has been active on numerous campaigns for social justice issues that she cares about deeply, including food justice, animal rights, environmental issues, anti-racism, women's rights, poverty, as well as on political campaigns. YEA Camp combines her passion for activism, commitment to social justice and transformational work, and her love for working with teenagers. To see a detailed bio about Nora and the rest of our incredible staff, please click here. Nora is available for interviews about YEA Camp.
Video introduction to YEA Camp:
We are pleased to be getting some attention for our innovative camp!
- The Coolest Socially Conscious Summer Camps
- Elephant Journal blog post: "10 Ways to Support a Teen Who Wants to Change the World"
- Interview with YEA Camp Founder Nora Kramer for SuperChangeYourLife.com
- Camp Can Change the World! Pages 35-37 Summer Camp Guide of Metro Parent Magazine
- YEA Camp Teaches Young Leaders How to Make a Difference in the MA Telegram & Gazette
- How to Survive a Climate Catastrophe in Scientific American by former YEA Camper Zev Brook
- YEA Camp in the Compassion Over Killing Blog
- Interview with YEA Camp Founder and Director, Nora Kramer, in MassMoms
- Raising Veg Kids Blog
- Connecticut Resident Stands up for Students and Animals in The Hartford Courant - about two-time YEA Camper Jasmine
- Riverdale Teen is Launching a Fundraiser for Kids Ensnared by the Sex Trafficking Industry in The Oregonian - Story about YEA Camper and Counselor-in-training Tegan
- YEA Camp in Portland Metro Parent's Celebrating Kids Who Care
- Nickelodeon News with Linda Ellerbee interviews campers at YEA Camp for Kids Pick the President
- (These) Children are the Future on CLLCTV / Collective
- YEA Camp listed on 100 Vegan Businesses Around the World
- YEA Camp on All Things Vegan Radio
- Sure Cure for Election Burnout - SF Bay Guardian
- Today's Lesson: You Can Change the World - The Oregonian Summer Education Guide
- This Camp May Inspire Your Teen Towards Green; Green Summer Camps
- Vegan summer camp in Portland, OR in The Examiner
- Campers Who Change the World in Bay State Parent Magazine
- One of our campers, Deborah, on KBOO Radio "Voices From the Edge"
- Youth Empowered Action Camp Expands in Oregon - Green Living Journal
- Summer Camp That'll Change the World - San Francisco Bay Guardian
- The Good Human Blog: Youth Leadership Camp Helps Teens Bring About Social Change
- Sustainablog: Summer Camp Trains Youth Activists for Social Change
- Oregon Peaceworker: How Will Your Kids Spend Their Summer Vacation?
- Vegan Soapbox: YEA It's Time for summer camp!
- Vegan Consultant
- Mercy for Animals Blog
- 350.org Summer Camp for young climate activists
- Our Hen House: Yeah, I Wanna Go
- Humane Connection
- Salem Weekly Article on YEA Benefit Show
- The Examiner
- Compassionate Summer Camps in VegNews
- Common Ground Magazine Pg 22
- Humane Education in Action
- GENERATION V: Camp for vegan/activist kids
- Twelve-Year-Old Shames Whatever You Did For Haiti
- One of our campers on Your Call Radio San Fransisco's KALW
- Developing Youth Activists for a Lifetime of Social Change
- EcoMetro: Youth Empowered Action!
- Breeding Young Activists
- Summer Camp for Young Activists
- YEA: Empowerment Camp
- Innovative Summer Camp for Young Activists and Change Makers
- Vegan summer camps: compassion and commitment
- Oregon Peaceworker
- The Times They Are A-Changin'
- KBOO Radio 91.7 fm
- Natural Awakenings article pg 8