This is the time of year at YEA Camp when we take care of things we need to do to help YEA Camp run, before it gets too close to the summer. At the end of 2012, we asked for your support in growing YEA Camp in 2013 and beyond. We set an ambitious goal of raising $50,000 to expand YEA Camp and provide scholarships to all youth who want to attend, and, thanks to so many of you, we have raised over $19,600 and are 40% of the way to our goal!
You have seen the impact YEA Camp has and, with your help, we can grow to reach many more young people both through our summer programs and by developing new online resources.
If you want to help us reach our goal, and more youth than we ever have before, we have lots of ways you can support us (and them):
- Donate directly to a camper’s scholarship! See their profiles below. A donation to one of these campers’ fundraising pages makes a big difference to them–and to us! Jeffrey reached his fundraising goal in just two days when one friend shared his inspiring story on their Facebook page! Now he’s upped his goal to help other campers. Could you be the one to make that difference for one of these inspiring youth? There will be more campers adding their stories as we get closer to camp, so check our Facebook page for updates on their fundraising efforts.
- Make a general donation here, or, better yet, set up an automatically recurring monthly donation here. Every contribution helps.
- Create a fundraising page here and share it around! It’s easy. Just click “Create your own fundraising page” and share the page with others and fundraise for us online over Facebook or email. Jasmine, one of our former campers, easily raised $260 by creating a page and sharing it with friends and family!
- Throw a fundraising party! Our goal is to have at least 15 people around the country throw a party for YEA. This is a fun and easy way to raise money from people who otherwise wouldn’t know about us. We held one recently in Dallas that was so much fun and raised over $3300, and we have another party coming up in Portland this weekend! Let us know if you would like to have a party or have questions! We will help!
- Get creative! From bake sales to garage sales, there’s a ton of fun, easy ways to fundraise. What ideas do you have? Let us know if you want to brainstorm or need help!
Can you help us reach our goal–and help us have the largest camps this summer that we have had to date? Your contribution of time or money will help us do much more in the future.
Support these youth activists!
If you want to support a young person pursuing their dreams to make the world a better place, consider a contribution to these changemakers’ scholarship funds to attend YEA Camp! Check out their fundraising pages to be inspired by why they want to attend.
Mariah’s Fundraising Page “I want to be able to do as much as I can to save these dolphins. Even if I can only save one, it would mean the world to me. I’m asking for donations from the bottom of my heart so I can have my chance to make a difference.”
Jeffrey’s Fundraising Page “Unlike some I am not one to stand back and and watch the world pass me by! I like to take action and make a difference in the world and YEA camp is just the place to create plan of action to make an impact on issues you care about! And this summer I am trying to raise money so that I can attend such a wonderful camp!”
Angela’s Fundraising Page “I would like to get many things out of my attendance to YEA Camp, but most of all I would like to get the knowledge of how to be a part of the world and take a stand.”
Katlyn’s fundraising page “I want to go to YEA camp this summer to help support my passion towards teen suicide prevention and depression awareness.”
Thank you so much for your support of our campers and a better world!
Nora Kramer, Laura Carver, and the whole YEA Camp team